It is very difficult to choose a quality flashlight that is affordable. Most of the small or low-priced flashlight doesn’t last long and are not very bright. So, as you choose a flashlight, ensure that it has the features that you want and can be relied on. Such a flashlight is the Nitecore p12gt. The Nitecore P12GT flashlight is affordable, 1000 lumens maximum brightness, 320 meters throw, 4 lighting modes, reverse polarity protection and more! Read this Nitecore P12gt review post to know why this flashlight in my list.
Technical Features of the Nitecore P12gt Flashlight
|Maximum Runtimes:||1 lumen – 520 hours|
|Medium Runtimes:||55 lumens – 28 hours|
|Minimum Runtimes:||1000 lumens – 1 hour|
|Beam intensity:||25,700 cd peak|
|Body:||aero grade aluminum alloy|
|Following brightness levels:||Ultra-low, low, medium and high|
|LED:||Cree xp-l hi v3 led|
|Batteries:||1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123A|
|Dimensions:||6 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Weight:||3.21oz (Without Battery)|
Nitecore is known for its durable and quality flashlights. The Nitecore p12gt is sturdily built and can be relied on for long term use. It is powered by one 18650 Li-ion battery with a maximum run time of 520 hours. The p12gt flashlight uses a CREE XP-L HI V3 LED bulb which is durable and offers maximum lumen output of 1000. This is bright enough to light a very wide area. It actually has a maximum throw of 320 meters. This light is better than Nitecore p12 because its maximum throws are only 232 meters.
Furthermore, the flashlight has some excellent features such as reverse polarity protection, advanced temperature regulation technology, battery level indicator, and a high-efficiency regulation circuit. The intelligent memory function makes life to be easy for the flashlight user by recalling the last used light mode. Handling the flashlight isn’t a problem at all as it is lightweight and compactly built. Keep it in the pocket or attach this small flashlight to your belt using the holster or lanyard. Purchasers are as well provided with a 5-year factory warranty by Nitecore.
Nitecore P12gt Review & Product description
- Aero-grade aluminum alloy construction with HAIII military-grade hard-anodized finish
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Stainless steel titanium-plated two way clip
- Crystal coating technology with precision digital optics technology for great reflection
- Tail stand capability
- Maximum lumens of 1000
- CREE XP-L HI V3 LED
- Maximum throw of 320 meters
- Maximum run time of up to 520 hours
- IPX-8 waterproof rated
- Intelligent memory function
- Impact resistance of up to 1.5 meters
- Advanced temperature regulation technology
- High efficiency regulation circuit
- Reverse polarity protection
- Intuitive user interface
- 4 light modes and 3 special modes
- Weighs 91g without a battery
- Powered by one 18650 Li-ion battery
Why buy Nitecore P12gt flashlight?
- Easy to use a flashlight – the p12gt flashlight is very easy to use with the side switch or tailcap switch. The tail cap switch is for switching on/off the flashlight, while the side switch is for cycling through the different light modes. When not in use, you can securely fit it in your pocket or attach it on your belt by use of the holster or lanyard. In addition, the side switch has a battery level indicator below it which tells the user what percentage of the battery power is remaining. If it blinks once every 2 seconds, then the battery power is below 50%. Continuous blinking shows that the battery power is very low.
- Sturdy construction for longevity – this flashlight is durably built. The body is of aero grade aluminum alloy with a hard anodized finish. Its glass lens is a hardened mineral glass with an anti-reflective coating to resist scratches. The pocket clip is made of stainless steel and plated with titanium. On the front, it has a hard bezel for striking enemies. These features make this flashlight to be durable and long-lasting.
- Compact and lightweight design – using this flashlight isn’t a problem at all. It has a nice hard anodized finish with a rough grip for holding it firmly in the palm. Its compact design and weight make it ideal to hold in the hands for over a long period of time as you use it to light a path or inside the tent. You can use it as candlelight by placing it on the tail cap.
- Built for tactical use – one of the reasons people don’t like edc flashlights is that a good number of them are disappointing as they are not sturdily built. Once they drop, it is easy for them to cease functioning completely. This is not the case with the Nitecore p12gt flashlight. It meets several tactical standards and can survive in different weather conditions. The flashlight is IPX8 waterproof rated. This implies that it can stay underwater up to 2 meters for 30 minutes. Also, it has the ability to defy impact of up to 1.5 meters. This means that if the flashlight drops accidentally on the ground from 1.5 meters or else, it will still function well.
- Versatile – if you engage in different activities and require a flashlight that can serve you in all those situations, then the Nitecore p12gt is a great addition. It has 4 lighting modes and 3 special modes. These can be used in different surroundings. They are as follows: ultra-low with 1 lumen for 520 hours, low with 55 lumens for 28 hours, medium with 280 lumens for 5 hours 15 minutes, and high for 1000 lumens for 1 hour. The remaining special modes which are strobe, SOS, and location beacon use 1000 lumens.
The strobe mode is used to give a blinding effect to an assailant. The SOS mode is for rescue or emergency. Use it when you are lost or need help. Finally, there is the location beam.
- Safe to use – a good number of flashlights on the market are not safe to use. This is because they overheat when used continuously which spoils the flashlight and makes the user to be uncomfortable. The advanced temperature regulation technology is the one in charge of detecting the temperature of the flashlight and adjusting the modes accordingly.
The Nitecore p12gt has a power indicator’s secondary function that shows battery voltage. Also, the high efficiency regulation circuit offers unwavering output, the reverse polarity protection prevents bad battery placement. All these features help to prolong the life of the flashlight and make it to be more efficient in performance.
- Reliable flashlight – made by a reliable brand, this flashlight never disappoints. It does what it says it does and has all the features stated. It is powered by a 18650 Li-ion battery which is easy to charge and has a longer runtime. So, it is very reliable and less cumbersome like AA batteries. If you want more cheap flashlight then you need to go with an unknown brand flashlight like 1tac tactical flashlights.
- Nitecore 5 year warranty – the manufacturer offers a 5-year warranty to buyers of the flashlight. This guarantees the user about the quality of the flashlight as any defect or challenge found in the flashlight can be sorted out by getting in touch with Nitecore customer care.
- This quality flashlight doesn’t come with a charger and you have to buy it separately.
- The tactical tail cap switch is a bit stiff.
Nitecore p12 vs p12gt
Find out the difference between Nitecore p12gt and p12.
|Beam Distance:||320 Meters||232 Meters|
|LED:||CREE XP-L HI V3||CREE XM-L2 U2|
|Length:||140 mm||139 mm|
|Weight:||91 grams||88 grams|
Generally, EDC flashlights don’t last long and perform below par when compared to the larger and more powerful flashlights. But this is not the case with the Nitecore p12gt led flashlight. As small as the flashlight is, it offers extremely bright and comes with different features that make it to be exceptional. It is sturdy and has 4 brightness levels for use in different environments. It is powered by one 18650 battery which has a longer run time and can be easily recharged. With a wide range of flashlights to choose from on the market, this is not an easy task. If you’ve been in search of a small, durable and reliable flashlight, the Nitecore p12gt is a great flashlight to acquire. I hope this Nitecore P12gt review article was helpful to you.