If you have been using flashlights for a very long period, then you must have come across Nitecore or used one of their quality flashlights. Nitecore is among the major flashlight brands with lots of models to select from. Even though I have used different Nitecore flashlights, the Nitecore p12 series is one of the best. And Nitecore P12 flashlight is one of the best selling flashlights from this brand. The flashlight is 1000 lumens bright, maximum beam distance of 232, a total of 6 modes, a tail & side switch option, a pocket click and more. Read this Nitecore P12 review to know more about this light.
Technical Features of the Nitecore P12 Flashlight
|High Output:||15 lumens / 7 hours|
|Medium Output:||240 lumens / 6 h min|
|Low Output:||70 lumens / 28 h|
|Lowest Output:||1 lumen / 520h|
|Special Mode:||Strobe, SOS and location beacon|
|Beam Distance:||253 yards (232 m)|
|LED:||CREE XM-L2 U2|
|Batteries:||1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123A|
|Battery Cell Type:||Alkaline|
|Batteries Included?:||Not included|
|Waterproof:||IPX8 (2-meter submersible)|
|Dimensions:||4 x 1 x 7.3 inches|
|Weight:||3.10 oz (88 g) (without battery)|
Newest Version Nitecore P12 Review(video):
I am a plumber and always need a flashlight with me as I always work or fix leaked pipes that are in dark places of homes and premises. For the years that I’ve been performing my job, I have come across different kinds of flashlights. Some have been good while others are fair. But the Nitecore p12 1000-lumen flashlight has been one of the best. Even though it is small in size, this flashlight has proven to be reliable and durable at the same time. Another version of this series is Nitecore p12gt Cree led flashlight.
It has continued to work even after falling into the water or crashing the wall. When I first acquired the flashlight, I thought it will underperform but it did otherwise. The Nitecore p12 offers very bright light and it is easy to use. It has a switch on the tailcap and sideways. Both of these help to light the torch and to cycle through different light modes. In addition, the flashlight offers the user an opportunity to decide on the kind of battery to use. It can be 1 18650 battery or 2 X CR123A batteries.
Brightness test Images of the Nitecore P12 flashlight
One of the features that make this everyday carry flashlight to stand out from flashlights in the same category is that it is well built for tough conditions and has different light modes. This light of 1000 lumens is very powerful. Also, Nitecore offers buyers of the flashlight a 5-year warranty. The only problem that this flashlight has is that it tends to warm up quickly when the high light mode is switched on for a long period of time. This should be looked into by the brand to make the flashlight even better.
The Nitecore p12 review
- Aluminum alloy construction with hard anodized finish
- CREE XM-L2 U2 LED bulb
- Tailcap and side switch
- 4 lighting modes and two special modes
- Powered by either one 18650 or two CR123A batteries
- 1000 lumens maximum
- Maximum beam distance of 232 meters
- IPX-8 waterproof rated
- Impact resistance of up to 1.5 meters
- LumenTac charger
- Pocket clip
- Spare O-ring
- Weighs 3.10 g without a battery
- Nitecore 5-year warranty
Why buy a Nitecore p12 flashlight?
- The Nitecore p12 flashlight is built with lightweight material. This makes it to be very portable and easy to carry from one place to another. The flashlight weighs 3.10 without battery(s). So, you can keep it in your pocket or backpack. Also, it has a lanyard that you can attach to your belt or use a holster.
- There is no doubt that the p12 LED flashlight is built for longevity. Its body is made of high-grade aluminum alloy with a hard anodized finish. This prevents it from crashing when it falls on a hard surface. Furthermore, the flashlight comprises of hexagonal sections that defy rolling on a flat surface in case you drop it down by mistake. The U-shaped tail cap protector is huge enough to enable the flashlight to stand on its own and act as a torch when there is a blackout or inside the tent.
- You don’t need to scrutinize the whole user manual in order to grasp how to use this flashlight. It comes with two switches. One is on the tailcap and the other is a side switch. First and foremost, the tail cap is in charge of controlling the switching of the light on/off. On the other hand, the side or mode switch allows the user to cycle through different modes. It starts with very low, low, medium, and high modes. Also, the strobe and SOS modes are accessed through this button.
- If you have been looking for a very small but powerful flashlight, then the Nitecore p12 is a good option. Not only does this flashlight use a CREE XM-L2 U2 bulb, but it also has a maximum of 1000 lumens. This is very bright enough to blind an enemy in high or strobe mode. In addition, it has a beam distance of 232 which is just marvelous for its size. The flashlight is able to provide a clean beam with excellent spill for more than 100 yards. This makes it to be ideal for outdoor or survival use.
- After watching the flashlight on, you can decide to use one of the 4 and 2 special light modes that the flashlight comes with. This is a feature that you can’t find on every edc flashlight. The mode that you switch on will determine the overall runtime of the flashlight. The lower mode has 1 lumen with 520 hours runtime, the low mode has 70 lumens with 28 hours runtime, the medium mode has 240 lumens with 6-hour runtime, and the high mode has 1000 lumens with 1 hour 15 minutes run time. The other modes are strobe and SOS modes. One is for defense, while the other is for locating a person, respectively.
- The Nitecore p12 is built for tactical use. It has a durable construction and meets different standards. It is IPX 8 rated which means it can last under water up to 2 meters for 30 minutes. Also, it can be dropped from 1.5 meters above the ground and still survive crashing or getting damaged. Unlike other flashlights, the white light produced by the Cree LED bulb means that it can offer constant light even in dusty places or poorly lit areas.
- The user has the choice of choosing which battery to use. The Nitecore p12 can be powered by one 18650 rechargeable battery or 2 X CR123A batteries. It is good to use a 18650 battery because they perform better and can be recharged using the charger in the bundle.
- Besides being a quality and reliable flashlight, the Nitecore p12 is made by a notable brand which is Nitecore and has great customer support. They offer a warranty of 2 years to buyers of the flashlight. This is great support from their side.
- It becomes hot when used for over a long period on high-light mode
- The warranty becomes void when you use non-nitecore parts such as a battery from a different brand.
I can proudly say that the Nitecore p12 flashlight has lived up to its purpose. After using, this flashlight for more than a year now, it actually does what it says it does. This is not the case with many brands or flashlights on the market. The Nitecore p12 led flashlight is bright and can be relied on to provide very bright light in dark places. It is lightweight and carrying it isn’t an issue at all. The flashlight comes with a holster and lanyard to securely fit it when not being used. It also gives the user two battery options as he or she can use one 18650 battery or two CR123A batteries. Thus, this flashlight is ideal for individuals who work in dark areas or love camping a lot.