The Eberlestock half-track backpack is a simple but versatile backpack that can be used for a wide range of purposes. Having a storage capacity of 35 liters, this pack can be a great 72 hours tactical backpack. It will serve you exceptionally as you go camping, hiking, and fishing, or it can as well be utilized as a bug-out bag. The bag can be used to load food supplies, water, electronic devices, notebooks, pens, and many other items.
One of the things that made me fall in love with this heavy-duty tactical backpack is its durability and comfort. Made of 1000 Denier nylon, this pack is very sturdy and will defy all the things that you throw at it. The best part is that you’re not limited to one color as there is Multicam, Black, Dry Earth, Coyote Brown, Unicam V2, and Military Green.
Technical Specifications- Eberlestock Halftrack Backpack
|F3M HALFTRACK BACKPACK
|Deep-cut Airmesh foam
|6 lbs and 7 oz.
|5.11 Tier System
|Dimensions of the main bag:
|24″h x 11″w x 7″d
|Two 3-liter hydration kits mounted inside pockets / 2-liter bladders inside sleeves.
|Law Enforcement General | Military 72 hr. Assault
|Recommended Add ons:
|A2FK IndiTAK Pouch
Small Padded Accessory Pouch
|Deep-cut Airmesh foam
|Inside and out:
|MOLLE-style Padlock webbing racks
|Varying-sized tuck-pockets lining
|Gossamer polycarbonate frame
|Check Today’s Price on Amazon
Besides, the backpack also offers some amazing features like large zippers, a tactical line, a padded hip belt, several compartments, MOLLE webbing, a well-ventilated back, and many others. Continue reading our review to be enlightened about this high-quality and spacious tactical backpack from Eberlestock.
Eberlestock Halftrack Backpack Review- Features and Benefits
- 35-liters storage capacity
- Gossamer polycarbonate frame
- MOLLE-style padlock webbing racks inside and out
- Padded lumbar pad and back with outstanding ventilation
- Padded, removable hip belt with PALS webbing
- Height-adjustable yoke shoulder straps
- Captive cord locks and Velcro fasteners to secure webbings
- Plastic frame sheet and malleable, cellular aluminum stays
- A fold-down shelf radio rack with large antenna portals
- Built-in rain cover in the bottom pocket
- Strong grab handle at the top of the pack
- Simple pockets inside the main compartment for storage of various items
- Tunnels behind each side pocket, with clip and D-ring at the top
- Two side sleeves, and each can hold 2-liter bladders
- Full-height panel opening into the main body, with sleeve pocket on the front
3X Storage Capacity
The Eberlestock Halftrack backpack measures 24 x 11 x 7 inches. It also has a 35-liter capacity, which is great if you want enough space to store things for a few days. The storage capacity is 3 times higher compared to the Recycled Firefighter backpacks. Despite having these dimensions and capacity, many users argue that this backpack is bigger and more spacious than is stated on the manufacturer’s website.
On top of the backpack, there is a pouch that measures 9 x 6.5 x 3 inches. Also, there are 3 rows of MOLLE webbing and a row of Velcro for connecting identification patches. Still, at the top, it’s a large pocket with a nice large zipper where you can keep your binoculars or a bottle of Nalgene. The top pocket is ideal for storing items that you may need urgently or use more often on the trip.
In the front of the backpack are 6 rows of PALS webbing and a block of Velcro for identification patches. Additionally, you will see a flat pocket on the pack’s front side that runs the lid’s full depth. While on the bottom of the tactical backpack, there are also 3 rows of PALS webbing and a zipper pocket for the rain fly.
The front loading, which is also the backpack’s main compartment, has lots of pockets with good internal linking. When you open this compartment, you will see the flap lid with 8 rows of PALS webbing. There is also a shelf in the center of the space that some Velcro tabs hold. You can keep the shelf down or position it up to divide your gear. At the bottom are two divider pockets on the back of the pack. Other pockets inside the main compartment include a mesh pocket and other small pockets for organizing little items.
Another crucial part of this backpack is the suspension system. To begin with, the Halftrack backpack features a nice and comfortable handle on the top. It as well as has an internal plastic sheet and two aluminum stays that give the bag its shape and structure and assist in distributing the load from the shoulders to the hips. The aluminum stays can be accessed through little tabs on the back of the bag. The good news is that the aluminum stays are removable to allow you to bend them for a perfect fit.
The Eberlestock Halftrack backpack is very comfortable, with a well-padded back and a thick bottom lumbar pad. Like the Condor heavy-duty 50L tactical backpack, the backpack has ventilation on the back, which ensures that you don’t sweat or have a hard time when you wear that bag for a longer period of time. So there is good airflow. In addition, the shoulder straps are adjustable by simply removing the Velcro and setting the strap up or down the ladder that’s located on the back.
Other features that make this backpack to be more comfortable include the wonderfully padded waist belt, sternum strap, and D-rings.
Pros: What we like
- It is strongly constructed for longevity.
- Eberlestock is comfortable as it features padded and adjustable shoulder straps.
- It has a rain cover to protect the pack and items from rainfall
- It fits perfectly as the waist belt is removable
- The company offers different colors to choose from
- It has a storage capacity of 35 liters, which is enough for a 3-day trip
- The various pockets allow you to store different items
- The hydration compartments ensure that you will never be thirsty in the woods
- Lifetime warranty
Cons: Users often complain about
- The bag doesn’t come with any straps at the bottom to allow you to attach extra items. If Strap is your priority, you can use the Maxpedition Falcon 2 tactical backpack as it features foam-padded double shoulder straps.
- The top compartment is not well-organized, and it may be challenging to access some items if you want them very quickly.
If you have been looking for a 3-day tactical backpack with enough storage space, then this is a pack. It has a main compartment with a few storage pockets inside for storing different items. The side pockets can be used to keep odd-sized items, and it also has hydration compartments on both sides for carrying enough water for your trip. Above all, it is sold at a very favorable price than the 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 backpack.
Also, it is sturdily constructed and has a rain cover to protect the backpack and its contents if it rains while you’re out there. The Halftrack 35-liter pack is also comfortable and can easily be adjusted to fit different people. Whether you’re going hunting, hiking, mountaineering, camping, or sightseeing, this is the perfect tactical bag for you.
Question: Does the backpack has a storage place for a water bottle?
Answer: Yes, it does. This backpack features two compartments on each side for hydration kits. Every compartment on the side of the bag can hold at least two Nalgene water bottles. This means you will have 4 water bottles for hydration as you embark on hiking or hunting.
Question: How effective is the rain cover that the pack has?
Answer: The Eberlestock Halftrack pack comes with a lightweight pull-out rain cover that is kept in a pocket at the bottom of the main pack’s compartment. The rain cover is very effective in protecting your backpack and any weapon that is attached to it.
Question: Does Eberlestock offer a warranty on this backpack?
Answer: Yes! As a matter of fact, Eberlestock provides a lifetime warranty on all of its products. This means that they fully trust their products, and thus you have nothing to worry about.