After using different headlamps during my camping trips, I can gladly say that the Fenix hl60r is the best. I will explain everything in this Fenix hl60R review that is why I am saying that.
This headlamp is durably made from high grade aluminum and has a hard anodized finish. It can be adjusted to fit on different users and it comes with 2 rechargeable CR123A batteries. The brightness of the led headlamp is unquestionable with a maximum of 950 lumens and a beam distance of 116 meters. This means that the light can be used to check the entire camp or your path as you walk or ride a bike at night.
Technical Features of the Fenix hl60r rechargeable led headlamp
|LED:||Utilizes Cree XM-L2 T6 Neutral White LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours|
|beam throw:||up to 116 meters|
|Fenix HL60R USB rechargeable headlamp:||Yes|
|Red light alert mode:||Yes|
|Five output modes:||Turbo: 950 Lumens High: 400 Lumens Mid: 150 Lumens Low: 50 Lumens Eco: 5 Lumens|
|Batteries:||1 CR123A batteries required. (included)|
|Waterproof :||Yes (ANSI IPX-8)|
Moreover, the 950-lumen headlamp comes with a Cree xm-l2 t6 bulb that is reliable with 50, 000 hours lifetime. Unlike other kinds of headlamps, it has a side switch which can be switched on by the left or right hand as it is on both ends. In addition, the lamp is rated as IPX-8 waterproof up to 2 meters and it can resistant to an impact of 1 meter. This makes it to be ideal for outdoor use.
If the headlamp runs out of power, you can recharge it using the USB port as it has rechargeable batteries. This saves you the time spent on changing the batteries. Also, the batteries offer the user with a longer run time of 100 hours when used in eco light mode. On purchase, the buyers get a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
Features & fenix hl60r review
- Durable high-grade aluminum body
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Micro USB port
- 2 X EdinsonBright CR123A batteries
- Reverse polarity protection
- Side switch
- Uses CREE XM-L2 T6 LED
- Digitally regulated output
- Weighs 121 grams without batteries
- 5 light output modes with one red light
- Impact resistance up to one meter
- Maximum beam distance of 116m
- 950 lumens maximum
- Maximum run time of 100 hours
- IPX-8 waterproof rating up to 2 meters
- Headlamp strap
- Spare O-ring
- Top headband mount
- Limited lifetime guarantee from Fenix Lighting US
Why use Fenix hl60r headlamp?
- Fenix hl60r headlamp is durably constructed from high-grade alumni metal. In addition, it has a premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish. With such a construction, you can rely on this headlamp to work in tough weather conditions and survive crushing. Besides the headlamp body, the lamp has a toughened ultra-clear glass lens with an anti-reflective coating. This protects the LED bulb inside.
- The headlamp comes with 5 different lighting modes. These enable the user to have total control over the flashlight. Turbo and high modes can be used when one needs bright lighting or to light far-off areas. The low mode can be used to acquire a long runtime.
- Cree LED bulbs are the best due to their long-lasting nature and excellent performance. The Fenix HL60R uses a Cree xm-l2 t6 led bulb. This will work for 50, 000 hours and it has a beam distance of 116 meters. The Led produces white light which can as well be used in different surroundings.
- The hl60r uses one CR123A battery. This is a rechargeable battery and will save the user the need of buying new batteries from time to time. Two EdinsonBright CR123A batteries are included on purchase. On low light, the battery will run for 100 hours and on bright light it runs for 48 minutes.
- One of the unique features of the hl60r light is that it has a battery level indicator that alerts the user when the battery is getting low. The battery indicator comes on for a few seconds when the lamp is switched off. When it flashes a white led light, it means 70% is remaining. A white led and two red LEDs that flash alternately mean that it is remaining 30% to 70%. While the two red LEDs flash implying that 30% is remaining.
- Unlike other kinds of flashlights on the market, the Fenix headlamp comes with a switch that needs to be held in order to switch on/off. Some people may see this as a disadvantage but it plays a very important role. The light cannot be turned on accidentally like other flashlights as it has to be pressed for a long. So, you will end up saving your battery power and avoid misusing of the headlamp.
- The flashlight is perfectly created for different weather conditions. It is not only made of a hard anodized finish with O-ring seals that prevent water from getting into the device, but can as well resistant to impact of up to one meter. When crushed, the headlamp can survive as it has a tough body. The IPX8 water rating means that you can use this light to dive in water up to 2 meters or even in rainy weather.
- Fenix is a great brand that cares about its clients. That’s why they offer a limited lifetime warranty. This warranty is to assure buyers of the Fenix hl60r that they will get support from the brand in case they have an issue with the product within the warranty period. This is amazing as not all light brands offer a warranty on their products.
- The on/off button is a bit tricky to use as it needs the user to hold it for some seconds before it lights. The switch could have been instant instead of holding before it lights.
- The flashlight can get extremely hot and it is not suitable for people who live in a very hot climate.
- The light is a bit heavier with its metal construction as it weighs around 5.8 ounces with a battery included.
How Fenix hl60r rechargeable led flashlight function?
The Fenix hl60r comes with a headlamp, headband, headlamp holder, and top headband mount. Start by assembling them. Slide the buckle to change the headband length to a size that fits you well. Then, fasten the headband to the headlamp holder, and connect the headband to the headlamp holder and top headband mount for extra strength.
After assembling the headlamp, unscrew the battery cap to insert the battery in the right way. Return the battery cap on. To switch on the led headlamp, you have to switch on the lamp by holding the on/off button until it lights on. Click the switch to cycle through the different modes and land on the mode that you want. A great feature of this headlamp is that it recalls the last used brightness level, the next time the light is switched on.
To recharge the flashlight, you just need to connect the USB port to a USB power supply. This can be in your car or as well use a solar if you are going to stay outdoors for several days such as camping, canoeing, hunting, or even fishing.
Fenix hl55 vs hl60r
|Brightness:||950 lumens||900 lumens|
|Maximum Runtime:||100 hour||150 hour|
|LED:||Cree XM-L2 T6||Cree XM-L2 U2|
|Length:||87 mm||84 mm|
|Weight:||121 grams||115 grams|
With several outstanding features, the Fenix hl60r is a powerful flashlight with exceptional performance. It keeps light for long hours depending on the light mode you’re using and has a battery level indicator. The headlamp is sturdily built and can be used in all weather conditions. The turbo and high light settings can be used to provide bright light and recharging it isn’t an issue at all with the USB charger. Hope you’ve found this Fenix hl60r review to be very helpful.