With more than 20 years of experience in the tactical/outdoor gear industry, Condor is a brand that you can rely on to offer quality and essential gear for different missions. Condor Outdoor products specialize in modular pouches, tactical vests, plate carriers, and much more.
In this review, we’re going to check out the Condor 3-day pack and the Condor compact assault backpack. These are two outstanding tactical backpacks that you can use for survival, hunting, hiking, bug out bag, and for many other purposes.
The Condor backpacks are sturdily constructed with durable material, strong zippers, comfortable straps, heavy duty handle, and several compartments for storage of different items. Despite having excellent features, these backpacks are sold at a very favorable price when compared to similar backpacks on the market.
Technical Specifications of the Condor Tactical Backpack
So, if you’ve been looking for a quality backpack for your daily endeavors or for outdoor activities, the Condor backpacks will be a great fit for you. Check out our honest reviews about the Condor –day pack and compact assault pack.
Condor Tactical Backpack Review
Just like its name suggests, the Condor 3-day assault pack is an ideal bag for a 72 hour camping trip. It is sturdily made from 1000 Denier nylon, which is water-resistant and ling-lasting. This material allows the bag to be lightweight but still durable. Additionally, the backpack has double stitching lining on all the compartments to withstand any situations that it faces. The zippers are also high-quality and come with water guards that prevent water from entering the bag.
The Condor 3-day pack also features 7 compartments for storage of various things. It has a main compartment which is the largest and measures 22 x 13 x 8 inches. The compartment has 2 mesh pockets inside and gear straps to hold additional items. Also, it has 2 double zipper pulls for quick access. The second compartment features 2 radio pockets, pen holders, and 2 document holders.
Other storage compartments include two identical pockets on the sides for carrying water bottles, 2 large pockets on the back with a zipper mesh pocket and elastic consumer mesh pockets, and lastly, it has a huge compartment for your hydration system.
If you intend to spend out for long, this 3-day pack will still provide you with the comfort that you need. This is all because of its well-made shoulder straps with thick padding, adjustable sternum straps that distribute the weight and prevent the pack from shifting, and the strategically padded areas in the back that will enable the load to be redistributed well and allow air to flow between your back and pack.
- 50-liter storage capacity
- Hydration compatible up to 2 x 3 liter bladders
- Individual rear foam padding with airflow technology
- Min compartment
- Second compartment
- Zipper closure mesh pockets in the bottom pocket
- Side pockets for hydration systems
- Hydration bladder pocket
- Shoulder and sternum straps
- Heavy-duty carry and drag handle
- Removable waistbelt
- Pack measures 22 x 17 x 11 – inches
- A wide range of compartments for proper storage of items
- Made of durable material
- MOLLE webbing allows easy customization and personalization of the pack
- Extremely comfortable with padded shoulder straps and sternum straps
- Offered in various colors
- It is very affordable considering the amazing features it offers
- Has hydration pockets so you will never go thirsty on your trip
- Many users have complained that the pull tabs on the zippers come off with much ease
- Even though the pack has well-organized pockets, it is constructed from a lower quality mesh material that spoils easily.
Condor Compact Assault Pack
If you’ve been looking for an affordable and sturdy EDC backpack, then the Condor compact assault pack is for you. Unlike with many tactical backpacks, you don’t have to break the bank to get this pack for yourself. At such a great price, you will get a sturdy, lightweight, compact, and comfortable one day pack.
The Condor compact tactical bag is made of durable nylon construction that is water-resistant. So, it can put up with all situations. The pack has a volume of 20-liters, which is enough if you’re going for a picnic for just 24 hours. With the various compartments, you will be able to carry a handful of things and keep them well-organized and where you can easily access them.
The tactical backpack has a main compartment with enough storage space, a top zipper closure pocket, and a mesh pocket. The second compartment has 2 retention mesh, a document pocket, and pen holsters. Other compartments are 2 front pouches with 2 pockets and 3 pen holders. In addition, this backpack is hydration compatible, though you will have to purchase the hydration bladder separately.
Carrying this pack is very easy as it features padded shoulder straps, a sternum strap, and a waist belt for stability and comfort. With the various storage areas and excellent design, this is a nice 24-hour pack at a great price.
- 20-liter storage capacity
- Hydration bladder compatible with attachment mount
- Individual rear foam padding with airflow technology
- Main compartment
- Second compartment
- 2 front pouches
- The padded quick release should straps
- Sternum strap
- Compression straps
- Integrated D-rings
- Backpack measures 18 x 10 x 10 – inches
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to access and well organized
- Compact and lightweight design
- Large storage capacity with 4 individual compartments
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Compression straps and a waistbelt make the pack very stable
- Colors to choose from – black, olive drab, & Multicam
- It is hydration bladder compatible
- The backpack is not very spacious and not great for a 48 hour trip
- The zipper is not sturdily made as the zipper pull breaks off easily
- The shoulder straps don’t seem to hold their position as required
Depending on what you want to do with the backpack, you may find the Condor 3-day pack or Condor compact pack to be suitable for you. These are two excellent packs with a lot of storage area and they are well built for tough scenarios. The Condor compact tactical backpack is ideal for day trips or as an EDC backpack, while the Condor 3-day assault pack is great for camping, hunting, as a bug out bag, and hiking due to its larger storage capacity.
Generally, these two packs are awesome and won’t cost you a lot like other assault backpacks. There are also various colors to choose from and you can select according to your taste. I hope you’ve found this review to be informative.
Question: Which bag should I use for everyday carry and for camping?
Answer: The Condor compact assault pack is better suited to use for your everyday use due to its sleek and compact design. On the other hand, the Condor 3-day assault pack is ideal for camping or hiking as it can carry lots of items that can sustain you for 72 hours. Also, if you have a day trip, the condor compact tactical backpack will still do great.
Question: Are these backpacks from Condor water resistant?
Answer: Yes, they are. Both of these backpacks are constructed with water-resistant fabric. So, you can comfortably wear them in snow conditions or even when it’s raining. Also, if the bag accidentally falls in the water, you can be sure that the contents in the pack will be safe and protected.
Still, have a question after reading this Condor Tactical Backpack Review? Comment below.