Do you know what does 18650 battery means? The 18650 means 18mm diameter and 65mm length battery.
Now, we need to know which type of battery flashlight is good? We have 3 popular batteries and those are AA, AAA, and 18650. So, Which battery you should select for your flashlight? If you compare the Power of AA batteries and 18650 batteries, then the winner will be 18650 flashlights. Because AA battery has a lower power output than 18650 batteries. Then, what about the AAA batteries? If you want a long runtime battery, then you should select the 18650 battery again. Although there are some pros, cons, if you want a higher output and a long runtime flashlight, then you should choose 18650 flashlights. So, what is the best 18650 flashlight for the money?
Most popular Best 18650 Flashlight Comparison Table 2021
One of the most vital items that are a must-carry when going out camping, hunting, or fishing is a flashlight. A flashlight helps to light the way, disorient enemies, and alert people in case of danger. One thing to note is that everyday carry flashlights are powered by different batteries such as AA, AAA, versatile rechargeable batteries among others.
In this 18650 flashlight review, we are going to discuss the flashlights that are powered by 18650 batteries. These are usually small but still, perform well. Whether you are going hiking, camping, or hunting, this lumen flashlight will still be of great importance to have.
Factors to look for in the best 18650 flashlight
Some common features should look in a flashlight and those are lumens, run-time, size, durability, modes of operation, bulb type, etc.
In order for a flashlight to last long, you need to select a durable one. Choose a lumen light that is both impact and water-resistant. On most occasions, you will be carrying the 18650 flashlight with you and it has a high chance of falling down. To avoid crashing or water getting into the LED flashlight, go for one created from aircraft-grade aluminum which is a strong metal.
Type of bulb
Not all bulbs will provide the same results. Pick a light source that uses LED bulbs as they have been discovered to be powerful, brighter, and last longer than the other types of batteries.
The lumens determine how bright the flashlight will turn out to be. The higher the number of lumens the led flashlight has the brighter it will light. So, if you want a very bright light, pick a 18650 torch with lumens of at least 300 or above.
The run time means the periods that the flashlight will operate before it drops to 10 percent of the rated output. Almost every manufacturer lists a run time on the led flashlights. If you use the brighter modes more often, the battery will deplete quickly as the run time will be high when compared to using low light.
Most of the 18650 flashlights are small in size and easy to carry. They can be placed in pockets or bags for safekeeping. Always select the EDC light that is portable and convenient for you when it comes to performing various duties. Check the weight and it shouldn’t be heavy to make you uncomfortable.
The distance the flashlight covers is known as beam distance. If it covers a long distance, then it is known as a spot beam, but it covers a wider area, then it can be referred to as a flood beam. Spot beam is great for hunting, fishing and hiking. While flood beam can be applied for walking, camping or for searching for a lost item.
Consider acquiring an led flashlight with all the 5 lighting modes. This will give you an opportunity of controlling how the battery is run. These modes are: low, high, medium, strobe and SOS. The strobe mode is usually used to disorient enemies. All these modes making using a lumen light to be fun.
If you have ever bought a product and found it to have a defect, then you know the importance of having a warranty. Whether it’s one year or more than that, it’s worth it.
Also, a warranty will give you the confidence of using the flashlight knowing that it’s covered in case it has an issue you know nothing about.
Top 10 best 18650 flashlight reviews 2021
If you are looking for the best 18650 led flashlights, we’ve compiled a well-researched list below. These are affordable but perform excellently.
Klarus Upgraded XT11GT 2000 Lumen Flashlight
Whether it is for your hunting or searching needs, the KLARUS XT11GT will deliver. This powerful light with the latest Cree LED technology runs on a rechargeable 18650 battery. It is easy to use as it comes with a tail cap switch and side switch for cycling through the 6 light modes. Due to its compactness, this is a wonderful light to carry on you on a daily basis. Just place it in the backpack or attach it to your pocket ready for duty.
- Durable aircraft-grade aluminum body
- 6 brightness levels and two flashing modes
- Smart ITS temperature control system
- Battery capacity indicator
- Uses CREE XHP35 HD E4 LED
- Waterproof IPX-8 rating
- Impact-resistant up to 1 meter
- 5-year warranty
- The flashlight is very bright and reaches up to 402 meters
- It is versatile in use as it comes with 6 light modes and two flashing modes
- It has an excellent runtime of 170 hours
- This light can withstand tough conditions as it is both water and impact-resistant
- The battery capacity indicator warns you when the battery is low
- The smart ITS temperature control system prevents the flashlight from overheating
- Klarus doesn’t have a reliable customer support team
FENIX PD35 Tactical Flashlight
The Fenix PD35 flashlight is ideal for hunters, hikers, and law enforcers as it is extremely bright. The flashlight operates with 1000 lumen maximum which is very bright. In addition, it has a carry case and pocket clip for safe storage. With its 5 lighting modes, the user has options to choose from for longer battery life.
- Tactical tail switch
- Cree XP-L Led bulb with 50, 000 hours lifespan
- 1000 lumen
- Pocket clip
- 5 lighting modes
- It produces bright light
- It is easy to operate with one hand operation of the tactical tail switch
- Comes with a storage case and pocket clip for the easy keeping of the light source
Outlite A100 Handheld Flashlight
The Outlite A100 has an adjustable focus suitable for hunters or hikers to spot distant things. In addition, the 5 operating modes allow the user to utilize the torch for various duties. This is the best 18650 flashlight under 50. It is also water-resistant and has a high-power LED bulb with 100, 000 hours lifespan. Outlite A100 is the best cheap 18650 flashlight.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum body
- Adjustable focus
- 5 operating modes
- High power LED
- Lifetime breakage replacement policy
- Strongly built for longevity
- Easy to operate with 5 different modes
- Can be adjusted to focus on a particular area
Nitecore P12GT 1000 Lumen Flashlight
If you have been searching for a small but powerful LED flashlight, then the Nitecore P12GT is a good choice for you. The 1000 Lumen flashlight comes with the latest LED technology in Cree XP-L hi v3 LED. The bulb produces a bright light that reaches over 320 meters. In addition, it offers the user 4 brightness levels and 3 special modes. When used in low mode, the light can illuminate for up to 520 hours. The advanced temperature regulation technology prevents the flashlight from overheating by changing the light modes if the temperature rises. This is a nice light to carry as you go camping, hiking, or dog walking in the evening.
- Uses Cree XP-L hi v3 LED
- Aero-grade aluminum construction
- Beam distance of 320 meters
- Dual switch
- Advanced temperature regulation technology
- 4 brightness levels and 3 special modes
- 1000 Maximum Lumens
- 520 Maximum runtime on low mode
- Indicator light
- Intelligent memory function
- IPX-8 waterproof rating
- Durably made to last longer
- It is both impact and water-resistant
- Produces a very bright light that covers up to 320 meters
- The flashlight remembers the last brightness level
- Warning light lets you know when to recharge the battery
- Not the best customer service
Fenix UC30 Rechargeable Flashlight
If you are looking for a compact but very bright LED flashlight, then the Fenix UC30 is what you need. This small and compact flashlight has a nice grip for easy handling of the flashlight even in wet conditions. It is also equipped with the indestructible Cree XP-L HI V3 LED bulb that produces a maximum of 1000 Lumens. The flashlight is very easy to use with its dual switch. One is for momentary on and the other is for cycling through the different light modes. If the battery is low, the low-voltage warning function will alert you. With its sturdy construction, this is an excellent flashlight to always carry with you as you leave your house.
Features of the UC30 LED light
- Durable aircraft-grade aluminum body
- Stainless steel side switch
- Premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Low-voltage warning function
- Micro-USB charging
- Overheat protection
- Lockout function
- Digitally regulated output
- 5 light modes
Benefits of the UC30 flashlight
- It is impact and water-resistant
- Durable construction for longevity
- Bright light with 5 light modes for various uses
- Battery level indicator for showing battery level
- Overheat protection prevent damage to internal parts
- Compact and lightweight for easy use
From the above information, it’s clear that there are various 18650 lights to pick from. Landing on the best will make your work easier and offer you the best performance. Consider the flashlight’s run time, lumens, weight, and construction if you want the best. I hope you’ve found this best 18650 flashlight review article to be informative. Very soon, we will also list only the best 18650 battery for the flashlight.